Monday, November 17, 2008

THE FOUR GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME.

1. Don't Be Shy by Cat Stevens
2. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? by Rod Stewart
3. Stayin' Alive by 'the' BeeGee's
4. Better Together by Jack Johnson
5. Satellite by Dave Matthews Band

Criteria:
-universal theme

-lyrics that evoke emotion

-catchy rhythm

-good chorus


Every one of these 4 songs, all express a sense of happiness. And although I like all of them very much, not just because of their fantastic diction in their lyrics, but in a way everyone can connect to the theme that each song presents. Whether its happiness, as shown in "Stayin' Alive", by the BeeGee's; or 'Better Together' by Jack Johnson. Or perhaps inspirational songs, such as in 'Satellite' by Dave Matthews Band, "Don't Be Shy" by Cat Stevens, and "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?" by Rod Stewart. To go along with the emotion gained, the universal theme, and the good diction in the lyrics, each and every song I chose has a very catchy rhythm that gives you that sense of happiness when the music crawls into your ear and snuggles inside like the lyrics are finding their way in to hug your insides. All-in-all these songs rock. :)

Runner Ups-
Stand by Rascal Flatts
Banana Pancakes & Upside down by Jack Johnson
Sway by Michael Buble
Live Like You Were Dyin' by Tim McGraw
Wanted Nothin' More by Kenny Chesney.

1 comment:

Kayla T. said...

K-Flah!!!

You put my dear friend Jack Johnson in your top 4 songs! =)

That is oh so very sweet of you to do in honor of our amazing friendship. Teehee =P

I lurrrv you.

Love,

To...To.

Argh matey. =P

(P.S.- I AM NOT A MUT!)